Easy to Install
WHERE IS THE M27 LASER JAMMER INSTALLED?
The Blinder M27 is designed to detect laser guns where they aim the laser beam, which is in the grille, on the headlights and license plate. The laser beam can be 6” wide (at 300 feet) to 36” wide (at 1500 feet). Most police aim laser at a vehicle between 300 and 700 feet.
See Installation instructions.
WEB Updates: Once the download is finished, reconnect the Blinder interface, as required, in the vehicle. Do not leave the USB connector plugged into the Blinder during operation.
Many of our competitors direct their customers to the corporate electronic shops that claim to do fast work. But quality work and fine details are not part of the Fast Installers business. Locate a good, local Stereo Installation shop to provide professional work for you. The Corporate install shops are there for speed, not detail and thoughful work. Average shops generally do not listen to what you want, and typically do not do what you ask. We will work with your local shop and verify they are qualified for this installation. If you feel your local shop is not well qualified and may not do what you want for your vehicle, consider taking a vacation to Denver, Colorado, and let our installation shop provide a superb installation for you.
WHEN TURNING POWER ON THE FIRST TIME DURING INSTALL – LEAVE POWER ON FOR 60 SECONDS MINIMUM TO ALLOW THE INTERFACE MODULE TO DOWNLOAD CODES TO EACH OF THE LASER MODULES.
HOW TO OPERATE the BLINDER M27 / M47
Use the 3-position switch to select the operating mode you wish to use.
The system can switch between position # I, # 0 and # II. After a mode switch, the system will respond with sound / light as explained below. Sound / Light features are adjustable in the Blinder Update Software.
Switch position # 0 (System OFF)
Always use the position OFF if you want to disconnect any part of the system, during software updating, or for other reasons.
Switch position # I (Parking Assist Mode / Flashing Green)
(At start-up or mode switch)
LED 1 Red flash
Sound 1 Beep
This mode turns your Blinder into a Parking Assist System and the two color LED changes to flashing GREEN. In Parking Assist mode the system will respond by increasing sound volume of 3 levels when the car is approaching an object. We strongly recommend that you get yourself accustomed to the systems behavior before using on a public road.
USE THE PARKING ASSIST WITH CAUTION!
The Blinder system will detect different objects with uneven effectiveness depending on the color of the object. Bright objects reflect much better compared to dark, and will therefore allow earlier detection and warning. The Blinder system will not detect and alert on glass or other transparent materials. Be especially cautious when parking close to shop windows and similar transparent objects. Always be aware and watch for hidden objects near the car such as children and animals that may not be detected by the system. Please use common sense and visually survey in all parking situations and do NOT rely 100% on the Park Assist feature.
Switch position # II (Multifunction Mode / Constant Green)
(At start-up or mode switch)
LED 2 Red flashes
Sound 2 Beeps
This mode turns your Blinder system into a Multifunction system and the two color LED changes to constant GREEN. In this mode the system will detect and respond to all selected incoming 905nm laser pulses. At laser alert, the LED changes from constant GREEN to RED and the Buzzer alerts simultaneously as long as selected laser pulses receives. To prevent interfering with 905nm laser based systems, such as police speed equipment, the Blinder system will automatic stop transmitting after 7 Sec. and go into a 60 Sec. timeout/sleeping mode. After the 60 Sec. timeout/sleeping mode, the system goes automatically back to active mode, indicated by a short single beep / RED flash. The limited transmitting time feature is adjustable in Blinder Update Software. For further info please visit: www.blinder.dk
1. Download the Blinder Update Software to your laptop or desktop PC at www.blinder.dk
2. Turn OFF the power on the Blinder system.
3. Connect a USB cable between the Blinder CPU and a laptop or PC. When updating the CPU using a PC, remove the CPU from the car and connect it to the PC.
4. Select the file in the Blinder Update Software you wish to upload to the Blinder CPU. Click on the CPU Firmware button and the CPU will be updated within 1 minute. DO NOT disconnect the CPU during the updating.
5. Disconnect the USB connection between the CPU and laptop/PC. Reinstall the CPU in the car, if updating has been made on a PC.
6. Activate the mode switch to position II for at least 1 minute and the CPU will start to update all transponders one by one. The Buzzer / LED will indicate the updating process by beeping / flashing with fast intervals. Between updating of each single transponder there will be a short break in beeping / flashing and the process will be repeated until all transponders are fully updated. (M27 two times, M47 four times) Once all transponders are successfully updated, the system will flash RED and beep two times.
7. To start-up the system correctly after updating, switch to position OFF and then back to the mode you wish to use. The system is now ready to perform its function. To ensure keeping the Blinder system fully updated, please visit our website at www.blinder.dk frequently to look for new software revisions and stay protected against new laser speed equipment in the future. The Blinder Update Software furthermore allows personal customized settings as limited jamming time and access to new product features.
The Blinder package provides a plug and play installation. All modules connect into the interface module using telephone jack connections
1 MOUNTING BRACKETS
Fit the mounting brackets and transponders together by using the short version of enclosed fitting screws. WARNING! Do not use the enclosed longer drilling screws to fit the bracket and transponder together, as it will damage the inside electronic and will NOT be covered under the warranty. The longer screws are to be used to fasten the brackets to the car ONLY.
1.A HORIZONTAL LEVEL
Mount the transponders making sure that each transponder is horizontally level to the road and parallel to the driving direction. To ensure a perfect horizontal level angle, fit the enclosed spirit level in one of the cylindrical holes in the front of the lens. After carefully adjusting the angle, tighten the screws on each side of the transponders. Check the level angle and replace the spirit level. Mount the enclosed plugs with the small curved edge on each plugs facing outward.
2. CPU (INTERFACE MODULE UNDER THE DASH)
Locate a suitable place for the CPU inside the cars’ interior. The CPU may not be located in the engine compartment because of heat risk and moisture. Connect all transponders to the CPU indicated by the numbers 1 to 4.
3. BUZZER and LED
Locate a suitable place for the Buzzer & LED, connect the cable to the CPU marked “Alert”.
4. THREE POSITION SWITCH
Locate a suitable place for the 3-position mode switch, drill a hole of 20mm, draw the cable through the hole and connect it to the CPU.
5. CONNECTION TO AUDIO MUTE
The blue wire from the CPU can be connected to the Car Stereo audio mute and will automatically mute the Car Stereo when the Blinder alerts in multifunction mode (See the Car-Stereo Manual).
6. GROUND CONNECTION
Connect the black wire from the 3-position switch to a solid ground (-).
7. 12VDC POWER CONNECTION
Connect the red wire (+) from the 3-position mode switch to a solid switched 12-volt.